Body did I have trouble with the elastic thread. I just could not get it to gather the fabric at all. I re-sewed with a longer stitch length, fiddled with tension, steamed the seams with my iron and even tried drying, but no matter what the seams would not shrink up. They do look a bit gathered when my skirt is flat, but once it is on they straighten right up. Lindsay did send out instructions/helpful tips for working with the elastic thread that would have helped me if I hadn’t rushed to sew the pattern right away.
I also picked the wrong fabric. The jersey I picked felt pretty heavy, but when I tried on my dress, the skirt was like a second skin; whoops. The top also came out a bit loose, but I knew it would. My bust is smaller than the smallest size for the pattern, but I figured if I was testing I didn’t really want to make any changes; plus it’s knit so it doesn’t really matter that much. If I was to make this pattern again, I would choose a heavier weight fabric and take in the top a smidge. For now I think I am going to take the skirt off the dress and turn the top into the crop top variation from the pattern.
Overall I think the pattern is cute and I think I will make another one once the pattern is officially released.