So now that I am thinking about my long “things I want to sew” list (you can see my earlier post regarding that) it occurred to me that I also make fabric lists (mental lists of all of the fabrics I want to buy). Currently on my list is:
1. Kitty Dreams in cranberry by Lizzy House (I am making a Colette Laurel dress out of it in the blue right now);
2. Glitz border print in white and mint by Michael Miller;
3. Lineage in taffy by Anna Maria Horner;
4. The new double gauze Horaguchi Kayo for Kokka fabric; and
5. I’m looking for the perfect knit for my Coco dress.
Whenever I see fabric that I like I want to buy it because I am afraid it will become impossible to find. I think my fear comes from the fact that I was desperately looking for this Disney Alice in Wonderland japanese fabric that I think might have been Kokka that was just so cute but sold out everywhere. I know it makes more sense to decide on a project and then pick out the appropriate fabric, but I am afraid to wait, plus buying fabric is so fun!
So does anyone else make fabric lists? Does anyone else buy fabric and then assume a pattern/project will come up where you can use it? or do you wait to buy fabric until you have a pattern picked out?